About Me

My photo
Sometimes I dance around the living room with one hand waving free...


"With all its shame, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world…Be cheerful. Strive to be happy."

— Max Ehrmann

Friday, February 29, 2008

Change, Growth, Opportunity

In the sixth grade my teacher Mr. Johnson wrote in my year book, " Miss Michelle, Remember the golden rule, he who has the gold...makes the rule." he wrote " Have a great Summer in everyone else's year books... In 7th grade Bio, I told Mrs. Reid that I REFUSED to cut up a frog, and I took mine in the back and buried it at Garinger Sr. High School (I had to do three extra credit reports to make up the grade and keep my solid B) I made poster that said, "Animals deserve to rest in piece and not in pieces" and my friend drew this little dead rat and frog for me (I don't draw well) I gave up eating meat, and I listened to Victoria Williams and Michelle Shocked and I was informed. I was liberated. my sr. year of High School I published an article on Censorship and dedicated it to the principle ( I can't even remember her name) that told us to go out in the world and "Produce"..."Produce What? Was I being taught to be a robot, not speak up and have my own opinions" I asked her in her office when she informed that the article that I wrote on condoms couldn't be in the school newspaper, because this was high school...my friend gave birth the day after graduation, go figure.
A few months ago on the way to a business trip in Florida, I saw a couple of LDS missionaries getting ready to hop on planes back to their home towns...I wanted to be funny and so I told them.."don't be shocked when you get home, but just to let you know...things have changed...A Mormon, A Woman, and A Black guy are all running for president." I thought it was funny.
2008 is a time for new opportunities, and much growth...serious changes..not just for me, but for everyone.
February is OVER, and it seems already that so much has happened in two months... I don't know who I will vote for yet...but I like that I can vote...and I like how the year is going so far.. I like how saying that no matter what, this is my year, is making a difference in how I approach each day. hey, they haven't all been great days, and I've already shed some tears, but I am happier on the whole than I've been in AGES... 2008 is GREAT

and now for a public service announcement brought to you by Will.I.AM....



1 comment:

MD said...

That's right Michelle this is our year! Everything we want, we will get. We make things happen. Love You!


the best christmas present ever!

the best christmas present ever!
Nicholas

THIS IS MY LIFE

There is no use trying, said Alice; one can't believe impossible things. I dare say you haven't had much practice, said the Queen. When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.

I am the queen and this is my year, and nothing, NOTHING is impossible





the family dog....so spoiled...but look at his face!

the family dog....so spoiled...but look at his face!
Bud