About Me

My photo
Sometimes I dance around the living room with one hand waving free...


"With all its shame, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world…Be cheerful. Strive to be happy."

— Max Ehrmann

Thursday, January 14, 2010

I don't know about your god Pat Robertson... but my God is awesome

I don't normally watch the news.. I don't claim to be one who's in on the what's going ons in the world... I'm like Alan Jackson in that since. But I can be lead to feel strongly about things, and when I do.. I'm in it full force.. I don't go around talking about my religion, or how devout I am. I take a softer approach and hopefully live a life in which people want to ask me what I believe...
I'm Christian.. I believe in Jesus, and God, and I believe in Humanity, and Love, and being kind to people, and not judging people who don't believe the way I do, or live the way I do.. and I'm southern.. and if you piss me off, I'll probably hold a grudge for a really long time, which isn't very God like of me, but Jesus saves... so I'm good when I say.. Pat Robertson.. what you said about Haitians deserving the Earthquake that nearly destroyed their homeland that they love makes you an awful and rude who says that stuff like that?.. you make Christians and Republicans look bad.. but thank heavens I know some of both those groups who are NOTHING like you... ( as if he's reading this.. I'm on a rant) and then to hear Rush said some of the similar.. well, Rush has always been wrong in my book anyways... IDIOTS.

Well... anyways, I claim the southern part of me more than the Haitian part of me, but I am Haitian, and for my birth dad who still has family there, loved ones there.. I felt deeply... and will pray for until things are well again in their country, and in their hearts..

and Keith Olberman is a much better speaker than I am.. and I will say, that I don't agree with EVERYTHING he says or appears to stand for, but for this..I'll give him a hell yeah, and a clap...


by the way, I feel strongly that my God is an awesome God.. he loves everyone and thinks of everyone...when we hurt, he hurts, and when we pray, he listens.. and when we stand need in of comfort, he comforts us.. there are over 6 billion people on this planet.. and My God watches ALL of us...and most of the time, when he answers our prayers, it's through someone that he sends directly to us to see us through..He smart.. and Forgiving....

So Pat and Rush, my God forgave you for what y'all said, but I still think ya'll are ________

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I love your every post. I wish you did it more, it makes me miss you.


the best christmas present ever!

the best christmas present ever!
Nicholas

THIS IS MY LIFE

There is no use trying, said Alice; one can't believe impossible things. I dare say you haven't had much practice, said the Queen. When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.

I am the queen and this is my year, and nothing, NOTHING is impossible





the family dog....so spoiled...but look at his face!

the family dog....so spoiled...but look at his face!
Bud